Margaret has been the centre of Antunes lawyers since its conception in 1996.
Margaret’s commitment to the firm and her deep understanding of the legal practice has enabled her to significantly build on the firm’s success.
Under Margaret Antunes, Antunes has evolved into an elite legal practice and is renowned as the number one law firm north of the Sydney Harbour Bridge servicing clients nationwide and internationally.
With almost 40 years of experience, Margaret is actively involved in all areas of law which the firm practices in and her wealth of knowledge is spread across all teams at Antunes, ensuring that the firm delivers real value and certainty to all of its clients.
Margaret has expertise in:
- Corporate and Trust structuring for asset protection and tax effectiveness;
- Complex trust matters including breaches of trust and equitable duties;
- Contract and Shareholder disputes;
- Corporate advisory work relating to directors’ duties, breaches of the Corporations Act, and actions brought by Australian Securities Investment Commission (ASIC);
- All property transactions, residential and commercial;
- Acting for developers;
- Dealing with investigations and prosecutions by federal and state regulators such as ASIC and the Fair Work Commission;
- Preparing and advising on technical commercial and business contracts and service agreements;
- Mergers and acquisitions;
- Subdivision, titling, planning and development, GST, stamp duty and financing;
- Land and environment planning; and
- Building and Construction.
Being a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), a global society to which membership is admitted on merit in these practices, Margaret is particularly experienced in trust and estate planning law.
Margaret has a Bachelor of Laws (University of Sydney), Master of Laws (University of Sydney) in business, trade practices, tax and international business law.
Phone: 02 9964 0499
Mobile: 0414 803 481